Newbie looking for purchasing advice

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Feiv

Newbie looking for purchasing advice

Post by Feiv »

I'm planning to buy a 27+ foot travel trailer for family trips and am considering buying a 2012 F-250 with 166K miles on it. Is this a crazy move? The dealer is asking $29,900.

I'm being very cautious as this will be my first diesel and I don't want to get taken for a ride, if you know what I mean.

I've had nearly every version of 1/2 ton truck, Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota, but have to say I liked my F-150 the best.

Any advice for a diesel newbie? What to look for, pitfalls of a six yo vehicle with 166K on it etc.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any comments and advice.

MellonHens

Re: Newbie looking for purchasing advice

Post by MellonHens »

Hello! It's great that you're considering a travel trailer longer than 27 feet for family trips, but I understand your caution, especially since this is your first diesel purchase. For a 2012 F-250 with 166K miles, it's not necessarily a crazy move, but it does require careful consideration.

First, $29,900 seems like a reasonable price for a truck of this size and mileage, but be sure to give it a thorough inspection for any signs of wear. Look out for common problems with older diesel trucks, such as leaks, rust, and engine/transmission problems. Given your experience with various 1/2 ton trucks, you probably already have a good understanding of these things.

As for your mention of the Toyota Corolla Cross , I couldn’t agree with you more. The Corolla Cross is a good choice for those looking for reliability, fuel efficiency and versatility in a compact SUV. Having studied all the features of this car, I came to the conclusion that this is a comfortable and practical car both for driving around the city and for traveling on the roads. Whether it's delivering groceries or a weekend getaway, the Corolla Cross can handle it all with ease.

mosart

Post by mosart »

While purchasing a diesel truck like the F-250 can be a smart move for towing purposes, it is important to do your due diligence and inspect the vehicle thoroughly. And if you're looking for a reliable and capable crossover SUV, you can't go wrong with the Toyota Corolla Cross.

Yotul

Post by Yotul »

Really useful information, especially for the target audience. There are tutorials and adjustments for reference that really work. Participate and gain more access to professional chain operating scratch games methods.