Tshirts

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Tshirts

Post by mountainmage »

I know! Why don't we ask the voice in the distance? He seems to know quite a bit.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Persecuted by mods! All you guys do is go from place to place, Ruining Good Things!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:I know! Why don't we ask the voice in the distance? He seems to know quite a bit.
That's a great idea!
Voice in the Distance wrote:Quit being such a Train, Retard. Gawd, you're such a freaking pansy.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

What is this, Voice in the Distance? You've never betrayed me before! Therefore you must be infallible! Why don't you tell me what's going on?

Ah, here we go:
Voice in the Distance wrote:MODS ARE AWESOME!
Gotta trust the voice. When he speaks to me.
Last edited by mountainmage on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: teehee X2

some_guy

Post by some_guy »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=855#comic or http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=42#comic

If either of those were on t-shirts, I'd buy them sooo quickly you wouldn't know what happened.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Psh, like Zach is going to listen to some guy.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Those are older comics. People tend to leap for more recent comics, rather than personal favorites of Zach himself.
Now, I totally support a redrawn fire-breathing monster shirt actually.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

They are both definitely among my favourites though.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

The question is always "will this look good on a T-shirt?" Which is why I don't like buying merch; anyone who recognises it has already seen it, and everyone else won't get it. 855 might look funny because it's pretty easy to see what's happening, but a sequential requires some focus. 42 will not work because the joke is in the caption, and I just don't think that a caption will work that well on a T-shirt.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

LordRetard wrote:The question is always "will this look good on a T-shirt?" Which is why I don't like buying merch; anyone who recognises it has already seen it, and everyone else won't get it. 855 might look funny because it's pretty easy to see what's happening, but a sequential requires some focus. 42 will not work because the joke is in the caption, and I just don't think that a caption will work that well on a T-shirt.
Exactly. As much as I'd like to see a tshirt from such and such a comic, I wouldn't really be apt to wear a comic printed on a tshirt (even some of my favourites don't have captions, but I still wouldn't wear them unless there was a better way to transfer it than just copying and pasting the image). There has to be a way to make it look like more than that for it to be properly marketable. Which is probably why his most recent design has easily surpassed the others, which didn't transfer as well to the shirt medium (or medium shirt), in my opinion.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

As Ahmet said, perhaps just a picture of Godzilla with a speech bubble saying "HELP ME! MY MOUTH ON FIRE!". Slight alteration to make more T-Shirt friendly, still funny. That being said, I probably wouldn't buy it any time soon, what with me not having a job and all.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Honestly, I wouldn't mind wearing a comic w/ caption against a white background.

some_guy

Post by some_guy »

Just found http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=170#comic . Perfect t-shirt :D

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Hm. I should probably email the t-shirt people. I ordered that stuff like three weeks ago or some such. Still no notification that it was even sent.

I did get the notification that the ordered happened though.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

some_guy wrote:Just found http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=170#comic . Perfect t-shirt :D
Are you talking about the entire Comic, or are you saying that the Everything -BUT- Urine-O's logo on a Shirt?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud