Finally!

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: Finally!

Post by AHMETxRock »

Do you consider yourself really jewish if you are athiest? Not an attack, but a question.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

AHMETxRock wrote: Fight Club is being brought back into perspective. Remember the little film strips that they used in the movie? And they replaced a single panel with something sad or innappropriate, and it flashes by so fast that you can only feel that you've seen it, because your brain is incapable of knowing it?
See, I have some trouble with this part of the movie. Because they actually put some of those flash frames in the movie. Not of genatalia or whathaveyou, but of Tyler Durden in the early parts of the movie (cut into the scene). And I noticed them. Granted in progression, but I know that with my first viewing I saw at least 1 or 2. There are 6, I believe.
They are only a frame, but I noticed them, and recognized them. If a giant phallus appears in the movie, even if only for a frame, I think I'd notice. I think if it is anything it would be a mental block, someone not understanding why the phallus would be there, and thus putting it out of their mind, perhaps attributing it to something that was on their mind.

AHMETxRock wrote: There are some who say that things just move, and that the slowness of how our brain works is what makes us think an object moves. That someone who could process what they see much faster would see the object simply appear in a place, then another, then another, instead of believing it traveled through the area. This is part philosophy, part physics, part mathmatics. I don't believe any of it. It's like saying since you travel a distance, you travel half that distance at some point, and half that distance previously mentioned (1/4), then half that distance(1/8), and followed an infinite number of times because numbers are infinite. Some would say we clearly passing the distance intended to travel, leaving the entire theory to be crap. I have my own, unqualified opinions about such a matter that I won't spew, but think about it.
Reductionist theory has always been kind of silly to me. You break down that distance far enough, and you aren't moving at all. Which clearly doesn't make any sense. Since when does breaking things down into the smallest prove more scientific?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

AHMETxRock wrote:Do you consider yourself really jewish if you are athiest? Not an attack, but a question.
To be fair, this is a difficult dichotomy with Jews. There is Jewish culture and Jewish religion. You might be Jewish in heritage, but that doesn't mean you subscribe to the religion.
I mean this even works in Christianity, where atheists might celebrate Christmas by singing carols, many of which have clear Christian themes and tones. A more militant atheist might be opposed to that, but it still happens. So I don't think it is terribly far-fetched to still celebrate Hannukah while perhaps not buying in to the religion of it.
I think the only other culture that actual shares this dichotomy is Hindu. Of course there is a major problem with that, because both Hindu culture and Hindu religion is so far afield that the label Hindu is really just a western "other" label.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Right, I don't mind the heritage part, it's just the whole god thing that I don't agree with.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I know this is a sensitive area, but let's just say that you can divide the culture and the religion seperately. Would you say you are not jewish religiously? This has nothing to do with renouncing your heritage, but simply the belief system. I understand that where you come from has a great deal of influence on how you could possibly develope into who you are now, and I'm not trying to trick you into some sort of thing. If I knew more technical terms, I think it might be easier to ask. Because I've met people who doubt god's existance and still consider themselves christian or catholic or muslim or jewish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I am not Jewish religiously. More like Jewish in name only, and a couple of the holidays. But I don't celebrate them as a religious holiday, just a holiday holiday.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Alright. That satisfies my curiosity.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Why would his being jewish be an issue?

I have been posting less. Mostly because things are said that I just don't have a response to, or my only response is so filled with vitriol and ire that I'd be mildly embarrassed to post it, especially knowing the person who posted whatever has my distaste up so much would either misunderstand or completly misinterpret any kind of correction or response I could hope to attempt. Kind of kills the motivation to even try I guess.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

That's how I feel when I see replies in the hockey thread.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

It's not an issue being jewish. However, judaism is a religion. Religion is based on the pretense of god and heaven. I'm asking if he particularly felt that he was still belonging to the faith even when he did not believe one of the core tenants.

Of course, since I mentioned I was muslim, perhaps you might think that may be the reason for why I would have a "problem" instead of being genuinely interested in a viewpoint I had little knowledge about, and wished to hear more about it without showing a bias. I know he can't speak for everyone, but knowing how others rationalize is a vital life skill.

I do not like the cold of the hockey rink. Aside from the time I had a high fever and going there made me feel better, I would abstain from further visits.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Asherian wrote:Why would his being jewish be an issue?
his being a filthy jew was originally a positive about his wooing skills through his innate banking ability. The discussion on his athiojudaism just sorta rose out of that.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:
Asherian wrote:Why would his being jewish be an issue?
his being a filthy jew was originally a positive about his wooing skills through his innate banking ability. The discussion on his athiojudaism just sorta rose out of that.
Atheojudaism*

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I'm a muslim, but I'm part caucasion. And that part has german origins. I don't know anyone else who has more criteria to be scutinized for making a joke.

Is there anything more offensive then a muslim nazi to a jewish person? Mabey a muslim nazi pig carrying non-koshure kougel? (I don't know how to spell this).

All jokes aside though, I find that faithwise, the jews and muslims have alot more in common than jew-christian or muslim christian.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Close enough. It's Kugel.

Also, I think the most offensive thing would be a BLT nazi Palestinian named Adolf Himmler Hess Menegels Aushwitz, with a swastika on his shoulder and a Hitler mustache, who was goose-stepping and doing the Heil Hitler gesture while yelling "The Holocaust didn't happen!"

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I bet you could get a pair of Mengel's twins to do it. Though really the swatsitka tattoo on the shoulder isn't enough, maybe a full on back tattoo of Hitler overlaying a swastika. Blonde hair looks stupid in the hitler statche though, probably stay clean shaven like a good nazi boy.

Besides we all know the holocast didn't happen, I mean look how UK schools are removing it from the curriculum, and the catholic church is re-instating bishops who vehemently deny it, despite having lived through WW2. (Yes I'm joking, I wish the facts weren't real though.)
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches