What does 'votey' mean?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: What does 'votey' mean?

Post by ruotwocone »

Asherian wrote:I mean, nerdy is by definition being dangerously obsessive over at least one topic, up to and beyond being motivated to do Alllllll sorts of crazy things.
you're thinking of geeks. nerds try to obsess moderately over a ton of different topics.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I see. I do know that I am cool, but I can also be considered geek. I am the dude that would have studied star wars so much that he discovered the parasite that was supposed to originally be the source of the force, and become a superhero and save our entire football team from a drunken car accident, then become a superhero and sleep with the entire cheerleader squad at once. 3 times.

Geek would be too strong of a word, as is dork. Nerd might fit though.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

You can become a double super hero? Also, since when do geeks get to sleep with any cheerleaders at all?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I had the force. I could MAKE THEM. But really, I wouldn't have to. Superman would get tons of play if he wasn't all sad and lonely and the whole jesus archtype. (not really an archtype)

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:I'm confused how anyone could mistake nerdy and apathetic as similar in meaning. The mere concept just boggles.

I'm going to assume its a misinterpretation of the word "nerdy" since apathy is just so popular with the kids today.

I mean, nerdy is by definition being dangerously obsessive over at least one topic, up to and beyond being motivated to do Alllllll sorts of crazy things. Kind of the opposite of not caring.
That was pretty much my thought. Nerds are impassioned. Apathetic folks are all but.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

ruotwocone wrote: you're thinking of geeks. nerds try to obsess moderately over a ton of different topics.
See I always saw geeks as the more multi-topic and less obsessed over only one thing. I mean I see 'star wars nerd' more then 'star wars geek'. Yes I'm going to stick with Star Wars for judging varying levels of fanboy-dom. I mean, I know a guy who has the ma.. thingy that bobba fett, is tattooed on his shoulder. I would defiantly think of of him more as a nerd, and it is the apallege I hear applied far more often. Then again.. he tends to also be really into other rather nerd/geek fields too.

Either way your a social outcast, not part of the mainstream or norm. I'm relatively positive that's part of both definitions. Dork is just someone who's outcast, but not smart/obsessed enough to qualify as either group. Socially inept and unworthy of any effort/attention or some such.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

九尾の氷狐

Post by 九尾の氷狐 »

Asherian wrote:
ruotwocone wrote: you're thinking of geeks. nerds try to obsess moderately over a ton of different topics.
See I always saw geeks as the more multi-topic and less obsessed over only one thing. I mean I see 'star wars nerd' more then 'star wars geek'. Yes I'm going to stick with Star Wars for judging varying levels of fanboy-dom. I mean, I know a guy who has the ma.. thingy that bobba fett, is tattooed on his shoulder. I would defiantly think of of him more as a nerd, and it is the apallege I hear applied far more often. Then again.. he tends to also be really into other rather nerd/geek fields too.

Either way your a social outcast, not part of the mainstream or norm. I'm relatively positive that's part of both definitions. Dork is just someone who's outcast, but not smart/obsessed enough to qualify as either group. Socially inept and unworthy of any effort/attention or some such.
you're*
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're NOT one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy. ~ω~

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

And yet, you didn't correct her suffixation of 'appelation'. Also, I'm going to assume that she does defiantly think of this guy as a nerd, because Ashe is awesome when she is defiant. I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If you intend to be a Grammar Nazi, at least correct everything in one fell swoop.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Also, think of a better way to get postcount++.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:Also, think of a better way to get postcount++.
actually... i appreciated that. People screwing up their, there, they're is a little annoying, but screwing up your you're just makes me want to gouge out my eyes.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I guess so...but the entire post consisted of the quote and the correction...meh.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:I guess so...but the entire post consisted of the quote and the correction...meh.
YOU'RE a quote and correction!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

ruotwocone wrote:
mountainmage wrote:I guess so...but the entire post consisted of the quote and the correction...meh.
I'll quote and correction YOUR MOM!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:
I'll quote and CORRECT YOUR face!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I am the grand embassador from his face, and I'm telling you the vis ato visit has been revoked. Please keep out of his face, of you will be arrested at the border.