Caption Contest

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Signious

Caption Contest

Post by Signious »

Did they announce the winner yet, or am I just really bored and looking for something to do?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Caption Contest

Post by Edminster »

If you're bored, you can always post more in the Forums. As for a winner, it will be decided (and I'm quoting the Great Admin here):
Zach the Magnificent wrote:shortly! promise!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Seriously. Did you know your two posts so far have been: your entry into the contest, and whining about announcing the winner in here? We can be a fun bunch once you get to know us.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ChooChooTrain
Ludicrous Rationale

Post by ChooChooTrain »

mountainmage wrote:We can be a fun bunch once you get to know us.
I think we're cool guys. :-/
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Oooh, desperate begging! I'm in.

[glisteningeyes][poutinglip]Puh...puh...puhleeese, meester? Post more? *single tear*[/poutinglip][/glisteningeyes]

Signious

Post by Signious »

Im really sorry if my post was seen as desperate begging... I have mainly been lurking ( and laughing my ass off ) at most posts made because they are funny as hell - if apologies are in order over this topic I am really sorry if i have offended anyone by asking if the results are up, I just didn't know if I have missed them or not, not being impatient. I didn't see any results covering the topic blah blah blah.... I have to admit though that the contest was what made me join the forums, but I was fairly humorated (I know this isn't a word, but it seems to express my point best) when I went over the forums. Again - sorry if I offended anyone by the topic - delete it if you please... I have been thoroughly embarrassed

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Don't be embarrassed, and we're not offended. We'd just like if you participated in the rest of the forums. Sure lurking is fine, but actually contributing to the discussion is even better.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Signious

Post by Signious »

Thanks for the explanation, I do have to say your post before did strike me a little hard - and I do feel that the apologies were in order, i came to a place you enjoy and did something dickish (i will admit that I was a little blunt with the question hahaha) and I do in fact plan on participating further ( I have to say the slogan thread does Kick ass)

edit - this also isn't an excuse, just explaining if my wording is a little rambly - I got 'Some asshole just fucked up a presentation in the only class left that I need to get my engineering degree for' drunk tonight... thinking of writing an FML but I just dont give a {hoot} anymore (sorry if the work fuck offends anyone, guessing I wont find many of those people in the SMBC forum)

ChooChooTrain
Ludicrous Rationale

Post by ChooChooTrain »

Signious wrote:Im really sorry if my post was seen as desperate begging...
I think Lethal's mention of "desperate begging" was meant to describe our pathetic attempts to convince you to post more. I didn't see your post as begging, just asking.
Signious wrote:and I do in fact plan on participating further
How wonderful! This would be a good place to start. Introduce yourself.
Lethal, I credit your pouting lip and single tear for this success.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ChooChooTrain wrote:I think Lethal's mention of "desperate begging" was meant to describe our pathetic attempts to convince you to post more. I didn't see your post as begging, just asking.
Correct. It was aimed at the grovelling for new posters from mage and train.
No, we aren't that hard on new folks here. Or at least not in the first few posts. Usually you have to be consistently annoying over the span of over 10 posts for harassment to come your way.

Signious

Post by Signious »

Lethal Interjection wrote: Usually you have to be consistently annoying over the span of over 10 posts for harassment to come your way.
Well good, this gives me something to shoot for!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Let's not and say we didn't.

Signious

Post by Signious »

pwetty pweeese

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

No. Now go play nice with the rest of the forum. I saw you already introduced yourself, so step 1 is complete.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:No. Now go play nice with the rest of the forum. I saw you already introduced yourself, so step 1 is complete.
excellent. then comes step 2.

step 3 - profit.