Interview with the freethinker

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Interview with the freethinker

Post by Kimra »

LordRetard wrote:I believe they made one bat walk over a blue-screen two or three times, then edited it in.
Just like in Batman.
ruotwocone wrote:also, flying bats!? how did they make those? damn you mad scientists! what will you think of next?
Would you like me to clarify? Her turning into bats. The only thing Mina has in the comic is a fetish for people biting her neck.
King Prawn

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

just finished volume 1. Here are my thoughts:
Artwork - I thought it was pretty bad. Overall, it was definitely the worst part of the overall experience. It looked like it was trying to be old-timey, but just failed for me
Story - Really well done. Moore has a style that I really like. I like that it stayed fairly lighthearted throughout. Everything was just 'fun' if that makes sense.
Other stuff:
- The narrative at the end of each part was a nice lead in to the comics although it tended to get pretty long-winded. like they hit a thesaurus and just plugged in as many words as they could find. A good story though and a lot darker than anything in the 'comic' parts.
- The ads, etc. at the end are great. I think the letters to the editor are the best part of the whole thing. great stuff.

Well that's all for now. possibly more after i finish volume 2

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

ruotwocone wrote:Everything was just 'fun' if that makes sense.
Yeah like that part where the the Invisible Man is the Holy Ghost. :wink:
King Prawn