SMBC Podcast

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

SMBC Podcast

Post by GreenCrayon »

I love being called a mutant! Also, very nice inclusion of STDs there, Zach.

A few comments, though.

Please buy a better microphone, or something. Too quiet, and a little difficult to understand. I had to concentrate, and 8 minutes worth of paying attention is hard for someone who uses the internet. Perhaps a higher bitrate on the podcast itself -- 32kbps is a bit conservative. By standards 10 years ago. For Spectrum users.

Also, a lot of other podcasters fill out their podcasts with useless fluff like music and intros and rubbish. You might want to consider doing that too; it's less work, but people listen for longer. Like grotesque marionettes all dancing to your tune. Or maybe you don't want to. I don't know. Whatever. Like I care. Et cetera.

As for the content...

Please keep the classic drawings of the SMBCs you'll be redoing, even if some jokes aren't considered "acceptable", or whatever drivel you're being fed. Just pop them in an archived gallery somewhere when you replace them, or I'll be forced to go through the entire archive and back it up onto my hard drive, and do you realise how much of a nerd that'll make me?! Yes, that's right -- not much more at all. And you don't want that.

Also, Chason is a bad friend, but cut him a break. Sometimes we all need a little time in a dank underground labyrinth with a bunch of people wearing leather and chainmail. No image link provided for obvious reasons.

Glad to hear you'll be putting in the full-time on SMBC. I'm going to tell at least two people, which is double the number you requested, because I'm just that awesome. Hope it all works out.
Pirate.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

You're a peach.

Btw, anyone who wants to "call in" to the podcast is welcome. IM me at WizToast if you're interested.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

So, will we have to use AOL's IM client to conect to the podcast or can we use other software like trillian? Just so I can be prepared.

EDIT: I found your post where you said you are using skype. I am prepared.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I was sure I posted something here... Damnit, where'd I put it, hold on I'll go look behind the fridge.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Don't worry Zach, I've whored you out on some other forums. You should be feeling the burn (But still no stinging pee) anytime soon.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

So I mentioned you on our webcomic. Of course I forgot to add a link and am apparently too lazy to go back in and add one, but I'm here for you man. Also, even though you aren't asking for them... is it possible for you to put a link up for donations? you know, since we_are's parents are probably totally loaded he'd donate for sure.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

I don't have a website or anything, but I told a ton of my friends about the comic, and they told their homies and stuff...

I can't get any of them to join our forum though
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

I've been wandering the city, and burrning the url into the foreheads of bums...the police are looking for me...and they are starting the investigation on your site.

cheers!
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Wow I just realized how close epoch is to over taking me post-wise. I've been here atleast four times as long as he has and he is gonna over take me tonight, hands down.

Which means we have to name them soon. So I suggest we work on that.
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

epoch

Post by epoch »

well at least according to twobuy, I am known as Dr. Tucker...

I have no problem with that as a name per se...as long as it is understood that

while I share the name tucker, I do not share the linguistic and mental deficiencies that the other has...

thank you.
Fluid Philanderer.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

No, I meant that at 100 meaninful posts, you can get a title if you want.

epoch

Post by epoch »

and I meant that once 100 meaningful orgiatsic posts are obtained...

<insert my previous post here>
Fluid Philanderer.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

I think what's caused this recent influx of posting by our 3 new members is exactly that... they all joined at the same time. So far to my recolection everybody who has joined since me (including myself) has posted a lot in the first 3-7 days... basically responding to everybody's posts and checking the forum several times a day. Since all 3 are responding to almost every post, we've gotten a higher influx of postings greater than the sum of what they would have posted, had they joined in series instead of in parallel.

epoch

Post by epoch »

I kind of like it because I'm sitting here at work and this forum is for the most part really entertaining...and I like having people to talk to.
Fluid Philanderer.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

i am a natural born forum-whore, i check for new posts whenever possible, and respond if i can. its just how i am :X
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away