Switch to Shopify?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Derrils

Switch to Shopify?

Post by Derrils »

General discussion on Shopify
Hello everyone! I need some help/advice please.

Quick business history: started on ebay in 2006, added a website using Mals cart in 2008, moved the website to CS-cart in 2010, left ebay and added Etsy in 2013.

Currently, the Etsy store and website are on CS-cart software.

Honestly, I am frustrated with CS-cart. It has some "bells and whistles", but there are several apps/programs I want to add that don't work with CS-cart (but with shopify). I'm considering literally starting from scratch with Shopify (no moving/transferring; starting over 100%) because I've taken shortcuts when creating products before (I didn't add image alt information, I left photos named by skus instead of keywords, some products don't have Google Shopping functionality).

I think switching to shopify will provide a better shopping experience. Should I start from the beginning and load the products correctly? OR import the existing products and fix the items I've missed (I currently have just over 1500 active products)?

I sell personalized gifts (embroidered). I need customers to be able to add their thread/font options and enter the text for personalization, but from what I understand, it would have to be an app/add-on to be able to have this option on the products?

Adamkek

Re: Switch to Shopify?

Post by Adamkek »

Before migrating to Shopify - https://cart2cart.net/shopping-cart-mig ... -migration, you need to sign up for Shopify. If you haven't already, go to the Shopify signup page and fill in the required details, such as your email address, password, and store name. You will then be directed to complete the initial setup steps, including adding your billing information, setting up a payment gateway, adding Shopify sales tax, confirming your shipping settings, and choosing a unique URL.