Might I introduce myself?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

Trooth wrote:You guys are amusing. I think I'll like it here.
shut up troll GTFO*

* I mean hi, wlcome to SMBC...
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Re: Might I introduce myself?

Post by GreenCrayon »

Trooth wrote:d('.'d) You might have also noticed that I'm a fairly big fan of the thumbs-up.
Is that what that emoticon is? I always thought it was Kirby trying to hitchhike.

Welcome to the forum, Trooth.
epoch wrote:I'm meaningless. take nothing I post as naything close to the truth.
in fact making fun of me is one of the unwritten rules of the forums.
I think we got bored of that a while back, didn't we? You also forgot to mention that TwoBuy is slowly oozing into a form of dementia that makes him very grumpy in every other post, and that I've taken to insulting TwoBuy for no reason.
Pirate.

epoch

Post by epoch »

GreenCrayon wrote: You also forgot to mention that TwoBuy is slowly oozing into a form of dementia that makes him very grumpy in every other post, and that I've taken to insulting TwoBuy for no reason.
it's funny.

the same dementia that makes his posting grumpy, also seems to give him delusions of adequacy with regard to my "artistic" scribblings.

it's a funny world.
Fluid Philanderer.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

epoch wrote: it's funny.

the same dementia that makes his posting grumpy, also seems to give him delusions of adequacy with regard to my "artistic" scribblings.

it's a funny world.
it's about the viewpoint on that one. twobuy and i totally suck balls at art, therefore a monkey with a piece of charcoal looks like rembrandt.

edit: also i thought that i was the grumpy one.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

grump-off?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

ruotwocone wrote:edit: also i thought that i was the grumpy one.
Maybe once. Must try harder.
Pirate.

epoch

Post by epoch »

mountainmage wrote:grump-off?
voting this.
Fluid Philanderer.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

mountainmage wrote:grump-off?
What a swell idea! I only hope I don't disappoint all my forum friends. That would be a huge blow to my already small ego. Please Sir, let me know when such a "grump" post is acceptable as I don't want people getting the wrong idea about me by mistake.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Trooth

Post by Trooth »

Is this how I grump off?

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Trooth wrote:Is this how I grump off?
Suck. My. Balls.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Trooth

Post by Trooth »

Boy, I'll give you such a grumpin'!
Last edited by Trooth on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

that might win it, but minus grump for using a picture
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Trooth

Post by Trooth »

Well fine... Picture goes away... WHIPPERSNAPPER!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Welcome.
So your name is Tro Oth? Thats a really dumb name.
Trooth wrote: I like finding obscure cool stuff and joining its forum though, because it feels like you're part of an exclusive club, or like you're just in some place that nobody else can find.
Now, I think thats pretty dumb. I understand what you mean, and I agree to a small extent, but tooling around the internet looking for obscure stuff to make you feel exclusive is delusional. And if it wasn't for the fact that you are using a program that helps you find other stuff you might like it would be completely sad (I mean if you were joining a forum about siamese cats, then this forum, then a forum for fans of Stellan Skaarsgard, then it would be downright pathetic).
Plus, when you get into the larger communities, people are no longer friendly. Obviously since we're on the internet, there's always a good degree of anonymity, but in smaller areas, everyone tends to stand out more
Thats the truth. Sometimes they are no longer friendly so that they will actually stand out. I know, I am a part of a board with over 16,000 registered users (albeit, my presence has diminished considerably). (Edit: I feel like I should mention that there are no spambots as there is a registration fee that about half of those members would've had to pay. Its actually a donation to RAINN, but you must pay to post. I mean here we have over 4000 members, but thats hardly representative.) Now, I've been a part of this board for nearly 5 years, so the "senior" board members know who I am, but that doesn't mean I don't still get lost in a sea of ridiculousness, hence my diminished presence.
I've learned a lot about the sociology of the internet, and I've realized that several mini-societies share common characteristics which have a direct correlation to their size. Subsequently, I came to the conclusion that those forums right around this level of population are the optimal places to be. =)
Now, see, while I know the other board I frequent is much bigger in size, I find that if you get in to the community it can be really tight. This other board I frequent has had meet-ups of board regulars that have included international flights as well as many regional meet-ups. I've never gotten in to that, but I also haven't seen that anywheres else (though under different circumstances I would've popped down to Seattle to grab a pint with TwoBuy whilst I was in BC)
(This one's actually a tad bigger than I usually inhabit, but I guess we'll just wait and see if it works out. ^_^)
I doubt that. I would say this thread is a bit of an anomaly as of late. Several posters posting several times. This place has been rather dead lately. So unless you are used to 2 people in a forum (and they already have a name for that, they are messenger services), then this one is probably about the same size (don't let the number of posters on this forum fool you, most are spambots, and the rest don't post or are incarnations of other posters).

Now don't let this steer you off. Welcome, and I hope you stick around. I just had some qualms with your internet sociology and such. Also, cats are the worst thing that have happened to the internet. Every "clever" cat picture makes me want to hunt down all fwders with a rusty machete.
Last edited by Lethal Interjection on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

epoch

Post by epoch »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I am a part of a board with over 16,000 registered users (albeit, my presence has diminished considerably). Now, I've been a part of this board for nearly 5 years, so the "senior" board members know who I am, but that doesn't mean I don't still get lost in a sea of ridiculousness, hence my diminished presence.
what forum?

just curious.
Fluid Philanderer.