[2011-Dec-28] Tomatoes ARE a fruit!

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: [2011-Dec-28] Tomatoes ARE a fruit!

Post by Sahan »

I've heard that no two tomatoes look alike, but you can never observe both of them at the same time, because they'd change upon observation.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Tomato Lover

Post by Tomato Lover »

Amazons aren't even real.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Neither are tomatoes.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Tomato Lover wrote:Amazons aren't even real.
Actually there is evidence of an historical foundation for the Amazon legends. The current leading theory being that they were Scythians where archeologists have discovered at least 25% of warrior burials have been women. There has also been some archaeological evidence that could support that there was a matriarchal society in Northern Turkey (where the Greek legends place the Amazons) such as female idols. Image
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edgar

Post by Edgar »

I think some people are missing the point here. The statement says "tomatoes are a fruit NOT a vegetable" implying that a thing is either a fruit or a vegetable, but not both. Since "vegetable" has no real meaning, a tomato can still be called a vegetable without excluding it from the class of fruits.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Edgar wrote:I think some people are missing the point here.
You don't know how right you are.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Pitch Hitter
[Insert Here]

Post by Pitch Hitter »

keep it going

Spaceguy5

Post by Spaceguy5 »

Kittenslippers

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:
Edgar wrote:I think some people are missing the point here.
You don't know how right you are.
That made gave me an IRL chuckle.

I can't believe that anyone would start their tomato diatribe with that phrase, given the situation.

Then again I can't believe how many people came to the forum to plant their flag on Mt. Stupid, either.

Pitch Hitter
[Insert Here]

Post by Pitch Hitter »

"Planting the flag" makes it sound like they climbed to the top of mount stupid.

I'd say they were lying on the side of it, becoming but a humble brick in the grand plan.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

The comparison to a brick is apt.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Ha ha ha
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:
Tomato Lover wrote:Amazons aren't even real.
Actually there is evidence of an historical foundation for the Amazon legends. The current leading theory being that they were Scythians where archeologists have discovered at least 25% of warrior burials have been women. There has also been some archaeological evidence that could support that there was a matriarchal society in Northern Turkey (where the Greek legends place the Amazons) such as female idols. Image
I actually did a paper and presentation on the subject. I thought it was gonna go great until the person before me presented, and said that claims of female idols and a matriarchal society in that region had been exaggerated. Fuck you bitch, quit undermining my presentation! Anyway it didn't go so well, but to this day I maintain she didn't really back up her claim that well.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I just heard that there'd been female idols recovered and there were some pictures of them. So unless some of that information was fabricated, I'm not sure how it could have been exaggerated. I've also heard that there hasn't been a lot of study of the area at all, so who really knows.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Sorry, the claims of female idols haven't been exaggerated, and there's evidence of a female priesthood. What I meant was, the claims of a matriarchal society have been (apparently) exaggerated. I never felt like there was any strong evidence for or against it, honestly, but there were almost definitely female priests, so that's neat I guess.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.