Teh Custom TeamFortress Quake Server Thread -PLAY NOW-

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Havock

Post by Havock »

actually one sec justin said he had the same problem and he found the dll he is giving me the link now ill edit this post when he does.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

windows xp

i tried right clicking and nothing happens. also I tried ending the process and it still wont let me, and I tried deleting the quakesignal from my computer and it says access is denied
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Havock

Post by Havock »

justin says for the dll go to this link:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

its what he had to go to fix the problem. download the dll extract it into the folder that fuhquake is in.

his exact words : Justin: tell him to extract it and then copy the dll into the folder that fuhquake is in

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

downloaded it and it still doesn't work

those quakesignals with their annoying red x's are starting to piss me off
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Havock

Post by Havock »

im not sure about the dll thing anymore since you dloaded the dll and put it in the quake folder... i checked i have a png dll there as well. about the quake signals maybe do start>run>msconfig>and take the smbcquakesignal process off of your startup list and restart your computer. o wait maybe you have to restart your computer before the dll works also since it is a system file.... ya do that =/

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ok, restartin now

Havock

Post by Havock »

now. if that restarting thing doesnt work i say we listen to what the error actually said....

Fuhquake couldn't load the required libpng.dll library. You must either download the required libraries from www.fuhquake.net or specify nolibpng on the cmdline to disable png image features"

so basically that smbccustomtf.bat file you use to connect to the server. right click that and edit it in notepad. on the last line you should see something like this :

fuhquake -nolibpng +cfg_load normal.cfg +connect %IP%27511

now if you dont have -nolibpng there write that in and save the file. and try running the game. dont change anything else.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ok it allows me to go into quake, but when i click the smbccustomtf or the other one the DOS says "cannot find temp 1" or something like that

Havock

Post by Havock »

o thats fine. it says that for everyone. but you can still connect to the server right :? like im getting on right now

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

no I can't connect to the server

Havock

Post by Havock »

disable firewall maybe? is it giving any error when connecting to server or is just saying connecting to 12423.34532.5352.215 over and over again. thats the errror i get when trying to connect to the rocket server since that isnt hosted anymore. If they i dont know what the problem is you probably want to ask zach or maarty about it actually. instant message swe cupcakes he knows everything about quake :)

really sorry it isnt working im a noob at this 2 :?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

i added it to the list of exceptions on my firewall, this is what it looks like when i start: http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/624/errorbm8.png

print screen wont let me get an accurate colored picture, but you can see what it says.

Havock

Post by Havock »

try actually turning off the firewall for a second sometimes exceptions dont work. ohhhh what about unblocking the port in your router? you might have to do that its probably a tcp port its port 27511 by the looks of it. also just says this is the problem he had when he had dialup do you have dialup? anyway try unblocking on router and turning off firewalls.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

fuck dial up man lol, i'm on dsl. i'll try the firewall thing.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

oh i give up. im uninstalling it.

(quake 3 ftw.)