The SMBC Adverts Thread

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
DarkLordFoxx

Post by DarkLordFoxx »

GreenCrayon wrote:
DarkLordFoxx wrote:10? I think the spambot in the ZYOA board has more :P
So... more than you, then?

Sadly, yes
~DarkLordFoxx
DarkLordFoxx Media

PsychicBacon

Post by PsychicBacon »

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Since SMBC has a new ad up, I thought I might dig this old thread out of the abyss, and say I actually like Abandon All. The latest comic has that sad detached humour that we see very rarely these days. And White Ninja (I refuse to link it), which is commonly said to be one. Is not one of those sad detached humour comics. It's a sad detached travesty. But back to Abandon All. I found it fairly funny, on average. The little animation things got boring after the first one. But not bad.

Simon's score: 6.5/10

Not quite sure why I put White Ninja in there. It just popped into my head. And I dislike it. Immensly.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Simon. wrote:Since SMBC has a new ad up, I thought I might dig this old thread out of the abyss, and say I actually like Abandon All. The latest comic has that sad detached humour that we see very rarely these days. And White Ninja (I refuse to link it), which is commonly said to be one. Is not one of those sad detached humour comics. It's a sad detached travesty. But back to Abandon All. I found it fairly funny, on average. The little animation things got boring after the first one. But not bad.

Simon's score: 6.5/10

Not quite sure why I put White Ninja in there. It just popped into my head. And I dislike it. Immensly.
While I like it more than most webcomics, it actually ranks pretty low among SMBC advert comics for me.
I have become a fan and regular reader of Multiplex, Biff and Wanton Soup (or I would be with the latter if there was new content going up). There have also been two others (SCP and XKCD) that I have been reading regularly since Zach linked them in a newspost.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:There have also been two others (SCP and XKCD) that I have been reading regularly since Zach linked them in a newspost.
I can't remember if Zach or someone else linked me to Minus, but it is my favorite non-humor comic. It's like Calvin and Hobbes without the ego trips. Imaginative and new and really captures the feeling of being a kid.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote: I can't remember if Zach or someone else linked me to Minus, but it is my favorite non-humor comic. It's like Calvin and Hobbes without the ego trips. Imaginative and new and really captures the feeling of being a kid.
The only non-humour comic I read is Synchronism, actually. I haven't found another I like. Though I'm not really searching them out, either.
Interestingly Multiplex is the only other storyline comic I read. Everything else is either single panel or tri-panel and doesn't have a consistent story arc (I throw in consistent because PA will have the occasional story arc).

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

Beaver and Steve. Zach linked to that, right? That's pretty awesome.
no u

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Yeah, B&S and XKCD are the two I read after links appeared. I enjoyed Biff for a bit, but then fell out of touch with it.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

i forgot xkcd had even been linked. I read it religiously. With bibles, korans and all that shit everywhere.
no u

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

your_face wrote:i forgot xkcd had even been linked. I read it religiously. With bibles, korans and all that shit everywhere.
holy crap.

I just read all of XKCD. holy crap. I have been laughing all day.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

epoch wrote:holy crap.

Did you see the alternates* on the images? They make for a second bout of laughter.

*Perchance that you don't know html, the alternate is what pops up when you hover your mouse over the image.

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
epoch wrote:holy crap.

Did you see the alternates* on the images? They make for a second bout of laughter.

*Perchance that you don't know html, the alternate is what pops up when you hover your mouse over the image.
oh yes...I am familiar with alternate text.

also funny. the forum there seems like a cool place.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I have quite enjoyed Slackerz. The name of it is irksome, but the writing and animation suit my palate.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I don't know what you call that banner add (the one with about 9 different adds in it) but I checked out a bunch and found myself laughing quite considerably at Activities For Rainy Days. However, it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I went through the run of +EV yesterday, and I enjoyed it.
You have to know something of poker (not surprisingly), but I found it relatively funny at times.