Hair care

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Goblinov

Hair care

Post by Goblinov »

I recently bleached my hair and while I love the look, I’m really struggling with dryness and breakage. I’ve heard that bleached hair needs special care, but I’m not sure where to start. What kind of products should I be using? Do I need specific shampoos, conditioners, or treatments to keep my bleached hair healthy and prevent further damage?

konni

Re: Hair care

Post by konni »

Bleached hair does require special attention to maintain its health and vibrancy. Bleaching can significantly weaken your hair, leading to dryness, brittleness, and split ends. To keep your hair in the best condition possible, you'll want to focus on hydration and repair. First, it’s crucial to use a sulfate-free shampoo that cleanses gently without stripping moisture. Look for products specifically designed for treated or damaged hair, as these will help to minimize any additional stress to your hair. Conditioning is also key. A good quality conditioner will help to restore moisture and elasticity to your bleached hair. I recommend using a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week. These treatments are richer and more intensive, helping to deeply nourish and restore the hair fibers from the inside out. You should also consider incorporating a leave-in conditioner or a hair serum that contains proteins like keratin or collagen. These can help to rebuild the structural integrity of your hair. Additionally, using hair oils like argan or coconut oil can significantly improve the luster and smoothness of your bleached hair. For a comprehensive guide on the best products and practices for bleached hair, check out this detailed article on the Exc Beauty blog: Best Hair Care Products for Bleached Hair https://exc-beauty.com/blogs/news/best- ... ached-hair . It offers great recommendations for shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and more, tailored specifically to the needs of bleached hair. Following these guidelines can help you maintain beautiful, healthy hair despite the challenges of bleaching.