Banner ad

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Banner ad

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Hey, Zach, I was planning on grabbing the banner ad that the Noob had up on their site, but it is now gone. I was thinking about using it as the signature for the other board I frequent, perhaps drumming up some unique hits for you, and maybe further upping the hits on ads here. I don't know if you made it, or if they did, but I would love it if you could supply a few, if you have the time. That one was the "Todd was really bad with spoons." comic adapted into a banner for SMBC. I would love it if you could make a few like that which would have a comic condensed into banner, which I could turn into a link. I like the one that you have up at buzzcomix, but I don't think that would inspire many hits unless it was already a webcomic related page.

Lexy

Post by Lexy »

Increasing the hits on ads on any forum is incredibly difficult. it's tougher than it should be.
:idea:

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Lexy wrote:Increasing the hits on ads on any forum is incredibly difficult. it's tougher than it should be.
:idea:
Yes, but this forum is quite large. Like almost 16,000 people large. Of which probably a third of the people have actually donated $2 to actually post there. I'm not saying it will be a huge help, I just kind of wanted that banner, maybe a few others, so that some people might find it funny and click on it. And the signatures on my other board aren't obscenely large like I have seen on others, where people pretty much ignore anything written beneath that little line.
I'm just talking about hopefully redirecting some traffic SMBC's way as the people from the VA board tend to enjoy their comedy, which could conceivably increase hits on the ads on SMBC's main page, which would subsequently make them worth more, giving zach more walking around money.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

HEYO,

Thanks for the offer. Gianna put the ad back up at The Noob, so you can download that banner there. If you want any further stuff, IM me at WizToast, and I'll send whatever I can.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Speaking* of ads, I noticed a familiar unicorn wound at Something Positive today. It was interesting to me because a link at s-p was where I found this site in the first place. It made me start thinking of similarities between Zach and a certain character from s-p.

1) Both Zach** and Davan hail from Texas
2) Both have fatfriends who are womanizers.
3) Both have long-standing crushes on East-coast girls.
4) Both have cats***.
5) Davan has glasses. Zach drinks from glasses.
6) Davan was drug back to Texas after his mom died. Zach does drugs.

Basically what I'm saying here is Zach probably needs an intervention****.

*segue!
**as far as you know
***probably
****and a sombraro*****
*****I mean, come on, they're awesome
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?