Teh Custom TeamFortress Quake Server Thread -PLAY NOW-

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Havock

Teh Custom TeamFortress Quake Server Thread -PLAY NOW-

Post by Havock »

Well guys the customTF Quake server has been fixed and now we need more people to play this great old game. Quake is a FPS with great gameplay and best of all its completely free! You will also be able to play against fellow SMBC'ers.

Everything you need to play is right on this page:
http://80smachine.homeip.net/quake/
This is the only thing you have to download to play:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/quake/SMBCQuake_v2.zip

Me (Havock) and some of my friends are the only ones playing on this server now. A lot more used to play before the server broke but now its back up again. If any of you are interested in playing leave your aim. google talk here and preferably download the quake signal from the above link. If this gets big enough we can start making teams and have a great time :D.

Believe me when i say the graphics might be outdated (duh) but the gameplay is amazing especially if you are playing with friends.

If you guys have any questions/ideas post them here my goal is to get a lot more people to play Quake with us.

Remember post your contacts :D

NEW EDITED MATERIAL
Im sure a lot of you playing customtf dont know what the hell you are doing. Therefore here is a link that explains all the classes and custom upgrades you can buy:

http://wiki.qwdrama.com/Prozac-TF

Also im not sure if a lot of you know you can edit your config file to make it so you dont have to keep changing your bindings and name when you log into the server. This can be accomplished by going into your quake folder>fuhquake>configs>and the config or normal file. You want to edit this file with notepad!!!

Browsing through this file you see places were you can save the name you want.

Example:
name "Havock"

at the bottom you can also set your bindings such as:
bind q skill
or
bind e special
bind e throwdet

stuff like that so you dont have to set it in game saving time.

Also if you are one of those who are curious how to get your weapon switch through mousescroll to save in the config so you dont have to change it everytime you load quake this is the binding you want to make

bind mwheeldown "impulse 12"
bind mwheelup "impulse 12"

do that and you will have your weapon switch saved to the mousewheel.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THE CONFIG FILE AFTER EDITING IT

Hope this clears up some confusion if not post/IM me on TheSonOfMorgoth

Last edited by Havock on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Re: Teh Custom TeamFortress Quake Server Thread -PLAY NOW-

Post by cheez.wiz »

Havock wrote:
Me (Havock) and some of my friends are the only ones playing on this server now. A lot more used to play before the server broke but now its back up again. If any of you are interested in playing leave your aim. google talk here and preferably download the quake signal from the above link. If this gets big enough we can start making teams and have a great time :D.
BS i say, i'm not your friend but i'm playing when there are people on.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Havock

Post by Havock »

if you arent my friend then you are my enemy! :shock: Haha yeah i saw you get on today whiz but you didnt join a team? anyway i was talking about penguinpen0r or justin thats the friend i was on with today. Angel was a random guy lol

Havock

Post by Havock »

Just as an update guys 2 more people seem to have joined the Quake community :). Join now everyone else and we can make teams pretty soon have team wars.

TimCo

Post by TimCo »

Hell, I'll start playing. I haven't played quake in a few years, but I can always get back into it.
I'm older, the world is a little smaller, and Final Fantasy 8 still sucks.

Havock

Post by Havock »

yay another recruit :D. Good and im starting to see more people on the server lately 2.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

That server was WAY more fun when only marTAY and Zach would show up. Well, until marty chose to be a sniper that is.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

TwoBuy wrote:That server was WAY more fun when only marTAY and Zach would show up. Well, until marty chose to be a sniper that is.
What's the problem with snipers dammit? :lol:
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

cheez.wiz wrote:What's the problem with snipers dammit? :lol:
Only when it's the mart-bot. He'll snipe you from across the map before you've even spawned in your enclosed spawn location so hard that it will retroactively undo your conception :shock:
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Havock

Post by Havock »

lol ya i love snipers as well :D

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

err...its not working for me. it says "Fuhquake couldn't load the required libpng.dll library. You must either download the required libraries from www.fuhquake.net or specify nolibpng on the cmdline to disable png image features"

Also, when i go to www.fuhquake.net i get a "The website declined to show this webpage" message.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Havock

Post by Havock »

hmm mountain image i would recommend redownloading/extracting the folder one of my friends had a problem like that 2 since the download got corrupted. you dont need anything else than this for windows

http://www.smbc-comics.com/quake/SMBCQuake_v2.zip

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

its mountain-mage, and it still doesn't work even though i've done it twice
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

also, i cant get rid of those stupid quake signals in my taskbar

Havock

Post by Havock »

what os are you on ?

and about the quake signals just right click on them and say exit :? if its really not going away to that kill the smbcquakesignal process.