The SMBC Adverts Thread

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

The SMBC Adverts Thread

Post by GreenCrayon »

So, SMBC seems to be having a steady stream of people who wish to advertise these days. And that's awesome*.

I figure we need a thread to discuss the adverts.

Monster Guy, huh? The comic is a bit, well, bland. But the advert itself features a passable Moloch. Does the author's use of a familiar SMBC character work for you guys? Do you think "Yeah, this advertiser is on my level... if only I could figure out how to get past the end of level boss". Or are you more inclined towards thinking "Get your stinkin' hands off Zach's intellectual properties, I'm an important spokesperson for the NRA". These questions need answers, even if I removed the question marks from them because it was misleading at the end of a quote.

And who can answer? You, why not.

* One a day keeps 138 from getting shirty.
Pirate.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Well, Zach used to have a "want to advertise with us?" page which said something like "feel free to use SMBC characters in you ad, just don't copy and paste them". I can't find it now though, which makes me think the managementhad him take it down.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Well, Zach used to have a "want to advertise with us?" page which said something like "feel free to use SMBC characters in you ad, just don't copy and paste them".
Yeah, I also remember something along those lines. So, we're clear of the "is Zach okay with SMBC's original character(s) being used" discussion. I was more interested in whether or not SMBC viewers at home liked it, though. If they thought it was a charming homage to the altar of Zach, or a blatant attempt to get on their good side.

I guess the reason I'm asking is because I feel the advert with Moloch is probably the best thing that Monster Guy's creator* has come out with yet. I'm not saying the comic is bad, but the advert is misleading in making one think that they'll be receiving Moloch-calibre fun. And I wanted to hear other's opinions. :D

* The site claims this is R. Dachtera. I'm only sceptical because it's on the web, and I've learned to trust nothing on this muddled ball of hatred and putrescence we've come to think of as innovation. :)
Pirate.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Wow, that was a thread that never took off. How sad.

So, anyway... Game Poets Society, eh? I loved the first one. Absolutely gobbled it up, then regurgitated it to consume it once more. Funny stuff, full of pathos.

Wasn't so gone on the other poem, but it was still enjoyable enough.

On to TronicStuff. Seems kind of pricey, and the website looks like it was literally thrown together in 10 minutes or less. Also, the t-shirts aren't especially original, and I feel go on to resolutely prove that Zach should get off his "I'm not so sure about merchandise" rump and pull us something together with Chason or Moloch on it, while the iron is still disfiguringly warm.
Pirate.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Yeah I like GPS, and the Tronicstuff shirts looked like it had one picture that they just changed the color of and pasted the logo onto, the pictures on the site I mean. I'm not sure if this made any sense at all.
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I think I would pay $30 for a chason mug. Might even start drinking coffee. Well, not that, but I'd put my tea* in it.

Also Zach told me an idea in a IM conversation once which I don't know if it was seceret or not, but I'd buy that in a second. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

*I like my Earl Grey black; like my Chasons**.
**Panthers
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:I don't know if it was seceret or not
How tantalising.

As you give no details, I can only guess, with each guess more ludicrous than the last. Gimme a hint if I'm close.
  • Mug with photo of Zach's grinning face
    Chason underpants
    Mug with photo of Zach's spleen
    Moloch-brand toilet paper
    Mug with photo of Zach's scrotum
    Essence of Toddler: a new fragrance from Calvin Klein
    Chason sex dolls
    Face-tattoos of your favourite SMBC strip
    Face-tattoos of your favourite SMBC strip DIY mail-order kit
    Face-tattoos of your favourite SMBC strip on a newborn child, only $6 each if you order 3 or more!
Am I simply lost in a world of fantasy, or could any of these products be conceivable? Knowing me, I'm either way off the mark, or I'm so close it hurts.
Pirate.

marine

Post by marine »

I was thinking of advertising on SMBC's front page, but then I had another idea!

- Edited by GreenCrayon to change signature, but the messing-up of the URL was entirely Marine's doing, not mine -

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

hmmm... what could it be? I'm going with:

-engraved SMBC nipple ring
-herbal supplements guaranteed to cure flancer
-dinner ware with hungryman on them
-a big rubber Dr. Brainington headwear thingy... like coneheads, but for the good Dr.
-moloch halloween costume
-wind-up killculon toy
-murdersaurus stuffed animal
-mug with the zachz picture on it

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Chason brand condoms!
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Crusty wrote:Chason brand condoms!
available in big, huge and chason... special features include:

- armpit sweat from Stacy Keach (the only thing on earth known to be potent enough to act as a spermicide on all those little chasons)
- Plezurnum(R) local anestetic coating to prevent death on women due to over pleasurization. Also known as the "Chasonizaticide"

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

marine wrote:I was thinking of advertising on SMBC's front page, but then I had another idea!
a spammer disguised as an advertiser? my spirits sink even lower.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

mountainmage wrote:a spammer disguised as an advertiser?
Nope, Marine is a genuine poster from a way back. Check his post count. I'd remove the spam URL if I thought he was a spambot; as it is, he seems to have messed up the BBCode to get it working, anyway.

Good times.
Pirate.

DarkLordFoxx

Post by DarkLordFoxx »

GreenCrayon wrote:Check his post count.
10? I think the spambot in the ZYOA board has more :P
~DarkLordFoxx
DarkLordFoxx Media

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

DarkLordFoxx wrote:10? I think the spambot in the ZYOA board has more :P