How to prepare for MAT?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Stud4ort

How to prepare for MAT?

Post by Stud4ort »

Hi all!!! I have a question about MAT (maths entrance exam) preparation. I am planning to take the exam soon, and I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for free MAT questions. I have practiced with some sample assignments, but I feel I need more practice to improve my skills. It would be great if you could recommend any websites or resources where I can find many challenging MAT questions. I'm particularly interested in questions on topics like algebra, calculus, and logic. Thanks in advance for your help!

Seogin

Re: How to prepare for MAT?

Post by Seogin »

Hello everyone!!! As someone who successfully passed the MAT exam and got into a top university, I want to share some valuable preparation advice with you. Along with practice questions, it is very important to read the marker charts of past MAT papers https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/mat-past-papers/ . These charts contain detailed explanations of the correct answers as well as reasoning and scoring criteria. By analyzing the charts, you can get an idea of the examiners' expectations and improve your approach to problem-solving. I have found that studying marking schemes has helped me to identify common mistakes and develop effective strategies. You can easily find marking schemes for all past MAT papers on the official exam board website. Be sure to set aside enough time to study and understand the marking schemes - it can make a big difference to your preparation. Best of luck to everyone!

Georgio

Post by Georgio »

I completely understand your concern. Preparing for MAT takes a lot of practice, especially when it comes to difficult questions. I encountered a similar situation when I was studying for the exam last year.

quordle

Post by quordle »

I learned a lot from your blog, and you can learn more about older video games to have more engaging experiences. I look forward to playing with you in the past! quordle