What is the difference between a tutor and a teacher?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
DerrecKamaz

What is the difference between a tutor and a teacher?

Post by DerrecKamaz »

I’ve done both tutoring and teaching. Tutoring tends to be done one on one, or one to a small group of students who are all at the same point. Teaching tends to be done to a class of 15–32. If you are lucky, the class will be set so the range of ability is fairly narrow but it’s also likely to be mixed ability. Just by the sheer volume of students involved teachers really have to teach to the middle and differentiate as best as they can. Generally it means that the class moves at the pace of the middle and the top students are wasting time.

Jackmine11

Re: What is the difference between a tutor and a teacher?

Post by Jackmine11 »

Finding a reliable tutor can be a difficult task, but https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/mat-past-papers/ has you covered. The best tutors in the business are available to help you prepare for the rigorous academic challenges of a top-tier university.
I had to deal with them and I was completely satisfied. These guys were able to prepare me to enter Oxford, which can be called a real miracle, because before many of my teachers said that I was a bad student and that I had no future.

AleksShamles

Post by AleksShamles »

Do I need a tutor now, when I haven't studied at school or university for a long time? Or rather, can I find one now, or is it an option only for children and teenagers? Due to work, I need to improve my English, and such a need has arisen for the first time after many years since I graduated.

Feras

Post by Feras »

Many people think that tutors are needed only for schoolchildren who have problems preparing for exams. However, even as an adult, you may need help with, say, learning languages or improving your English skills. By finding a tutor on Promova, you can avoid the problems of self-study and make the process more efficient and faster.