Funny Blood

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Laneth
Plot of Hemingway and Gags

Re: Funny Blood

Post by Laneth »

Dude, it's about now I'm beginning to worry that ye have too many references at hand...
Laneth Sffarlenn
Almost like a memory, this phantasm has reappeared...

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

What do you mean, too many references on hand? I imagine that this is how the legendary Crayon found all of his links.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

The Berlin WALL MUST FALL!

Don't bother looking into any deeper meaning than what I've just said. I just want someone to drop that wall down like it's hot. Oh yeah, I'm cheezin all over ya.

And what do you mean you see nothing to respond to? Do you only accept compliments? Does constructive criticism not jump your bones?

Because my bones don't jump either. But that's speaking more literally. AGAIN, don't read any deeper meaning into what I say that what the letters are saying.
Heck, don't even bother associating what your brain has learned to interpret the characters to be phonetically or intellectually. Just see these letters as strange shapes that don't seem to have any meaning behind them.

And what do you mean WE? Are you saying you have an actual writer that thinks of that stuff?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

AHMETxRock wrote:Just see this post as containing familiar shapes that don't seem to have any meaning behind them.
Like I do most of the time?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:
AHMETxRock wrote:Just see this post as containing familiar shapes that don't seem to have any meaning behind them.
Like I do most of the time?
Ba-zing!

So, is this heralding the return of Blind Puppy Ahmet? For a while he was on the path to Acceptance, but it looks like he's cartwheeling his way back to Start. What's up with that? Hopefully as soon as he's finished moving things will return to the way they were just a couple of weeks ago.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

It's two steps forward to acceptance, and 3 steps backwards to nonsensical ramblings!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Post by Guest »

Ahmet - We actually have a few contributors. And most of the comments made on this board are along the lines of, "You draw like a 4 year old." or "Please explain to me why this funny." I don't really like to explain why jokes are funny. You either get it or you don't. And yeah, a few people have made some somewhat constructive criticisms but I just haven't felt like responding. It's not that I think they are beneath me or not worthy of my time... I just haven't responded.

That said... here's a new video. It's not safe for work.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Guest wrote:I don't really like to explain why jokes are funny. You either get it or you don't.
That would explain why you are incessantly linking your website on some webboard*. Because you are writing a comic for yourself and expecting readership. Likely because you think you are brilliant. And you link because others should be exposed to your brilliance.

Granted, I understand. I'm not terribly dissimilar. I've always had a problem with anything other than self-editting when I write. Particularly humour. Because I believe my phrasing tends to add to the humourousness. I've had editors ruin jokes of mine because they though my grammatical structure was incorrect. True, but it was done because it furthered the joke or whatever**. But then again if I didn't run it through an editor it wouldn't be read at all.
Now I've always hoped to find a forum (not as in webboard) where I would be able to write as I see fit. However expecting everyone to bask in my brilliance isn't exactly good for accessibility (sometimes).

*Actually, I've regularly wondered how many boards you do this on...
** This isn't a diatribe similar to Ahmet's spelling one. I know the proper rules, and generally follow them. However sometimes structuring a sentence differently sets up the humour better than what would be considered "the best way".

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I'm assuming 'Sean' wrote:most of the comments made on this board are along the lines of, "You draw like a 4 year old."
This is demonstrably untrue. Of the four posts that mention the art, two of them were at least semi-laudatory. Of the remaining two, one can be interpreted as claiming the humour to be crappy(because his previous post does praise the skills of the artist) whilst only Laneth directly compares it to that of a toddler. Not counting your contributions, that makes a total of one specifically unfavourable mention of the art for every thirty posts, with two accolades for the same amount (three, if you count Ahmet's second praise).
I'm assuming 'Sean' wrote:or "Please explain to me why this funny." I don't really like to explain why jokes are funny.
Again, demonstrably untrue. The only post that professes confusion wasn't asking for an explanation of humour, instead it was asking for confirmation that humour was intended. All the other mentions of the jokes are not 'please explain', but rather 'I understand what you're saying, it's just not funny to me'. It's really a bad idea to believe that the people who don't find your jokes funny simply don't 'get' the joke, because more often than not they know full well where you're coming from.
I'm assuming 'Sean' wrote:And yeah, a few people have made some somewhat constructive criticisms but I just haven't felt like responding. It's not that I think they are beneath me or not worthy of my time... I just haven't responded.
If you spent the time to actually address the concerns, we all would be much more amenable to revisiting the site. As it stands, not only had you not mentioned the fact that we are actually responding with our questions, but you also steadfastly refused to participate in the rest of the Forum. That's why you're limited to New Outlandia, and why all of your links were deleted.

gödel stop spreading fud

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

BURN!....?

Laneth
Plot of Hemingway and Gags

Post by Laneth »

Ed, I will have your babies...though I'm a guy, we'll find a way.
That shut down was so awesome, I'm just...in awe.
Laneth Sffarlenn
Almost like a memory, this phantasm has reappeared...

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I ain't got no time for no jibbah jabbah!'

I pity da fool who puts effort into posting on dah internetz.

I praise you in your attempt, artist of funnyblood. The writer, eh, not so much. Which one of you was posting under funnyblood again?

That being said, I am great with concepts and have trouble conveying it in some sort of form. I'm looking into different mediums under which to express myself.

There is the pencil drawing of various works, which I used to be talented out but fell out of practice as I attempted to mature from my previous childish ways. Ironically, I quickly latched on to new childish actions, but of a much more adult nature.
I tried sprite comics, which failed miserably. It is way to restrictive for the humor I would like to attempt. I'd either need to pretend I am a hedgehog, or make a videogame parody. I enjoyed some of the things I made, but making semi regular content is off limits.

I have to say, I wish I was on par with your artist. I don't want to praise you too much, so I'll say the reason I'm jealous is that I USED to draw that way when I was 10 years old. I really lost my ability. Just because you WANT to be funny, doesn't mean you ARE.

There is alot to being funny. You need to suprise your readers. There needs to be some sort of relatability. You need originality.
The classic anti-climactic ending of a joke didn't work due to your flow. If you really wanted a bible reference, try using an entire passage. Elaborate on the joke, doing something better than being called stupid, and then make some sort of resolution...

I am the Matt Murdock of blindness. Represent suckas. Peace out.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I kind of figured that Matt Murdock would be the Matt Murdock of blindness.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

And I'm the Lethal Interjection of blindness. I might not be a superhero, but I can still see.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

For those of you who care (read: absolutely none of you), it appears that Funnyblood no longer updates.

It's good to have some closure on this.

gödel stop spreading fud