My mouse pointer no longer works on my laptop.

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

astasia
Is Totally a People

Re: My mouse pointer no longer works on my laptop.

Post by astasia »

mountainmage wrote:I'm sure there are programs on the mac for architecture/design. The thing is, I doubt that those same programs aren't available on the PC as well.
I just went with winter with my girlfriend to do a tour of a rather prestigious architecture school. They said that they give all their architecture students macbook pros (and students doing other majors PCs) because it is the only thing that can do the design as well. And, it's the same thing I've heard from other people who work in that field. But, that's only anecdotal evidence, and like I said, it's not my specialty. You could be right. They could have the same programs/capabilities for both.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

If a school is giving students computers, it's obviously really pompous.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Alright, that makes sense. In the end it comes down to personal preference anyways.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

When I was in Boston, I visited Berklee and they mentioned that all of their students need to buy macbooks. They were not giving them away. It seems more of a matter of getting people to spend pools of money.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Screw this discussion! I'm going to play Killing Floor!

On my PC. That can run it. Because it isn't a mac.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Frostbite wrote:If a school is giving students computers, it's obviously really pompous.
I live in New England.

This sums us up, pretty well.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

LordRetard wrote:When I was in Boston, I visited Berklee and they mentioned that all of their students need to buy macbooks. They were not giving them away. It seems more of a matter of getting people to spend pools of money.

Or.....the school is sponsored by Mac.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

astasia wrote: I was getting to it, Jesus Cristo, this thread is moving fast.

I think it is kind of silly how none of you seem to be able to recognize how there seems to be some sort of emotional involvement here. It just seems more intense than say, a personal preference. Would you get this angry over where someone drove a Nissan or a Ford?

(Our family has a Ford, a Toyota, a Nissan, and a Chrysler. I can't argue cars. Although, mine is the Nissan, and I do love it more than any other car I've had prior.)
I'm not really that emotionally involved. I understand that Macs fit a certain niche and they do that very well. Stevie boy has been highly successful in marketing and packaging and executing all apple products. He bundles things like nobodies business.

However, I enjoy being an elitist, especially when the facts point, more often than not, to PC being the clear victor in most any field. Personally, I would recommend a PC for any and all users, but I acknowledge that sometimes Macs are sometimes just easier to get into. The culture around them is much more focused than that surrounding PC's, which, as they vary widely in manufacturers and purposes, are equally varied in user mindsets.

That is all the concession I'm willing to make though. I'm still going to pretend to be better than you whenever the argument of PC vs. Mac comes up. : P
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Ya, spending pools of money ON macs. That's what I mean. I'm pretty suspicious of the whole deal, but luckily I was a lousy music student anyway and my music teacher would never give me a recommendation after The Incident.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well, all I can say is iPod > Zune.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

mountainmage wrote:Or.....the school is sponsored by Mac.
English 1350, brought to you by Pepsi! It's so refreshing!

EDIT: Also, I have to agree on the ipod thing because I own one. Because that's what I originally had and I bought a ton of music off itunes.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Debate 101:

Alright guys, we're going to be doing a lot of debating. You better go buy some refreshing Pepsis so you don't get dry throats.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:Well, all I can say is iPod > Zune.
Yeah, but I hate iTunes. There must be a better way.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I love iTunes. What do you hate about it? It organizes by a number of categories, it has that awesome "cover flow" display. You can make all sorts of dynamic playlists. What's not to love?

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Frostbite wrote:Screw this discussion! I'm going to play Killing Floor!

On my PC. That can run it. Because it isn't a mac.
My friend says that game is better than Left 4 Dead, but not as fun(But that's only because you have to actually play it, rather than screw around like we do in L4D i.e. CONSTANTLY killing each other and then pleading to each other during pre-game to "play fo keeps" or running to where the tank normally spawns and "Trying to be friends with it" which is my personal favorite thing to do)
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow