My mouse pointer no longer works on my laptop.

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Frostbite
I dunno.

Re: My mouse pointer no longer works on my laptop.

Post by Frostbite »

Going to be up all night writing that essay? Why not put on a pot of Folgers? Not only will the aroma be delightful, but it'll keep you focused for hours!
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Aw man, looks like astasia isn't the only one that can make an awesome topic.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

LordRetard wrote:When I was in Boston, I visited Berklee and they mentioned that all of their students need to buy macbooks. They were not giving them away. It seems more of a matter of getting people to spend pools of money.
We want to make sure you are rich enough to live here, that's all.
If we weren't such good friends, I'd wish you were dead.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

FengharTheNord wrote:
Frostbite wrote:Screw this discussion! I'm going to play Killing Floor!

On my PC. That can run it. Because it isn't a mac.
My friend says that game is better than Left 4 Dead, but not as fun(But that's only because you have to actually play it, rather than screw around like we do in L4D i.e. CONSTANTLY killing each other and then pleading to each other during pre-game to "play fo keeps" or running to where the tank normally spawns and "Trying to be friends with it" which is my personal favorite thing to do)
I wouldn't say it's better at all. It's a different game. One requires traveling from point A to point B. While the other focuses more on surviving waves of enemies.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

mountainmage wrote:Well, all I can say is iPod > Zune.
This is definitely true. My brother went through, like, 3 zunes in only a couple of weeks and now has an 8 gig nano that he has kept longer than those zunes.

I personally love mine. Can't stop playin that pogo and that bobby conn.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

astasia wrote:
LordRetard wrote:When I was in Boston, I visited Berklee and they mentioned that all of their students need to buy macbooks. They were not giving them away. It seems more of a matter of getting people to spend pools of money.
Elitist!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

mountainmage wrote:Elitist!
Exactly.

We can't have any of you poor, Southern folk accidentally finding your way here and actually start living here.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

mountainmage wrote:I love iTunes. What do you hate about it? It organizes by a number of categories, it has that awesome "cover flow" display. You can make all sorts of dynamic playlists. What's not to love?
I'm fine with using iTunes because I have to use it for my ipod, but I prefer using Media Monkey Gold. There is nothing like the sound of your song quietly fading out on the close of the program.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

So, no one has mentioned how remarkably better Macs are for art and animation. It's crazy how much better they are.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

No one else is getting tired of me not contributing to the conversation at all, right? I mean, like, MORE tired than before?
Good.

I did mention exterior decoration, but didn't go into the art and stuff. I heard the "I am a PC" commercials were initially done on a mac.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

astasia
Is Totally a People

Post by astasia »

Rainbow wrote:So, no one has mentioned how remarkably better Macs are for art and animation. It's crazy how much better they are.
Maybe that's where the design comes in.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Rainbow wrote:So, no one has mentioned how remarkably better Macs are for art and animation. It's crazy how much better they are.
I believe this has been mentioned by Astasia previously, and I think that they are only perceived as such because they often times come bundled with that software, but in reality it is very likely that the same, if not better, programs can be found on the PC.

It's doubtful that any programmer would only program for the mac, seeing as how there is a much higher population of PC users.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:I love iTunes. What do you hate about it? It organizes by a number of categories, it has that awesome "cover flow" display. You can make all sorts of dynamic playlists. What's not to love?
It's a pain to make sure that it's organised properly, because everything has to be labelled right or else you need to spend tons of time fixing things, especially when your music comes from unreliable denizens from the 'net. Also, you cannot listen to anything while your iPod is plugged in; it slows the whole shit down, and I keep getting dumb error messages (I honestly don't know what that's about). Altogether the thing is just kind of ugly, and the interface and shortcuts don't match up with Windows; that's less of a big deal, though. Having dynamic playlists and a music library are the two good things about it, and I prefer browsing through folders, anyway.
astasia wrote:
Pfft, no one lives in Boston proper! Though it was the nicest place I've been to in America. I thought NY was just lousy.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

astasia wrote:
Maybe that's where the design comes in.
Sorry, the word design doesn't click in my head as art. I think of art as recreational drawing and stuff and design as commercial work, but that's just how it is in my head. Macs are better for pretty much all art, though.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

LordRetard wrote:It's a pain to make sure that it's organised properly, because everything has to be labelled right or else you need to spend tons of time fixing things, especially when your music comes from unreliable denizens from the 'net. Also, you cannot listen to anything while your iPod is plugged in; it slows the whole shit down, and I keep getting dumb error messages (I honestly don't know what that's about). Altogether the thing is just kind of ugly, and the interface and shortcuts don't match up with Windows; that's less of a big deal, though. Having dynamic playlists and a music library are the two good things about it, and I prefer browsing through folders, anyway.
Oh, have I mentioned how much I like labeling things? (Like the final fantasy music you sent me!)

Also, you can totally listen to music while your iPod is plugged in, what are you talking about? What error messages? I don't get any.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away