Brand: New indie video game Help

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

EtienneVanier

Brand: New indie video game Help

Post by EtienneVanier »

Hi SMBC community,

My name is Etienne Vanier and I'm an artist in a new Canadian indie studio, Nine Dots. We've seen how generous you were when Zach announced his Kickstarter and that the internet community was ready to help those who make quality entertainment on a tight budget. For the past 8 months, the five of us have worked full time with no salary to create our first game, Brand. It's a 2D hack and slash with 3D graphics, with lots of weapon customization. Think Megaman in large Castlevania-like maps. We'll release it to Xbox Live Indie soon and we're working on a PC release as well.

We've set up a Rockethub page to gather funds that will allow us to purchase equipment and software so we can start another project and really launch our company. If you're unfamiliar with crowdsourcing (Rockethub being one example), in exchange for an amount of money donated to the cause, we give you perks related to the game. Many of you could be interested in tutorials detailing how to make a game in 3D (with Blender) and how to make a game design document.

That next game is codenamed Corsair, and will be a spaceship game, similar to Freelancer. If either game sounds interesting to you, I would call upon your generosity to support our indie games. Spending only 10 bucks will net you the PC version of the game and a mention in the credits as a charitable indie supporter. If you could spread the word on Twitter or Facebook and really get the ball rolling, we'll be able to keep on creating our dream.

Thank you

Etienne Vanier
Lead Artist
Nine Dots Studio

Here's the Rockethub page:
http://rockethub.com/projects/3824-bran ... ots-studio
(The easiest way to contribute is to click on the red “Fuel this project” button and log in with facebook.)

You can find us on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/NineDotsStudio

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Re: Brand: New indie video game Help

Post by In Jam »

Man, I can't wait for the SMBC Community to read this. They'll go crazy for it!

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

I'm going to tell all my friends about this exciting opportunity to really get involved in indie game financing.

I'm tweeting it right now!

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

I'm going on facebook and liking the group. I've told all my facebook friends to like it as well (even my boss, lol I'll get is so much trouble for that on Monday!).

And they're telling all their facebook friends to like it as well. This crowd sourcing has really gone well for you, your facebook page has millions of likes from all my friends and all their friends and all their friends.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Oh no, the internet is overheating, because of all the buzz about your game! All the people going on the facebook page to like it and comment, all the tweets featuring links to screenshots and mirrors of screenshots.

Every site with any kind of comment system is overrun because of internet users trying to find a place to discuss the game.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

The electricity in every home across the world goes out. The systems that run the power stations were dependant on the internet to keep going, but that is gone, because of all the people sharing information about the game with their friends and acquaintances. The telephone lines are completely blocked, because of people calling each other, desperate to get the word out, desperate to talk about Brand!

If only government had stepped in, to declare martial law, but it is too late, the leaders of every nation are in the UN right now, talking about the fact that a 2D hack and slash with 3D graphics is exactly the kind of innovation the games industry needs.

3 days later humanity has ended, everyone forgot to drink water in their haste to discuss the large Castlevania-like maps.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

The game looks decent.
The problem is that you've done no marketing research.
And by that I mean that you've done nothing other than "hey, that other dude managed to get a bunch of money, maybe we can, too".
The problem is that the forum is in no way representative of the SMBC fan. We are poor and a very small subsect of the "fanbase".
Also, Zach has been providing a free service for many-a-year, which is probably the reason he was able to have such a successful kickstarter. People thought giving him money so Zach and co. can keep up the entertainment was worth the time.
But, you know, nice try.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Let's count it up.

One sentence talks about Zach and how the community was generous to him.
The greeting says SMBC.

The rest is probably a spiel. I haven't doing any internet detecting yet though.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

oh yeah i want the person who drew these respectful and not at all degrading to women pieces of art to work on a videogame
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Ed you sexist, just because you are a cisgender doesn't mean all these "women" are.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

you are right i forgot to include the artist's comments on each piece that clears up any sort of confusion
That's it, the colored version of Lilith. I'm pretty satisfied with the results of this one! I finally got to draw a beautiful girl!
I said I'd do a sexy assassin. Well, there it is (even if the pistol sucks, it's supposed to look like a mini ak-47, but oh well, that's not the part of the drawing you should be watching...
Orange for guys, purple for girls. Wasteland for all!
so yes you were right the assassin was a boy and the top one i guess is intersexed?? anyway i apologise for my regressive thinking
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

I, on behalf of all genderqueer people across the globe, accept your apology.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

How the fuck did a moron like you raise $2000? That's ridiculous. Apparently all you need is two screens and people will throw money at you.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:How the fuck did a moron like you raise $2000? That's ridiculous. Apparently all you need is two screens and people will throw money at you.
I thought the same thing. I don't even have the problem with the small donations. But 2 people at the $250 level? Are they parents of people in the "company"?