The Forum RPG!

Where Fun goes to Die!

Moderator: Oldrac the Chitinous

dinnsdale

Re: The Forum RPG!

Post by dinnsdale »

Dinnsdale smiles as Royal pierces the raisin heart of his scale model of himself. A slide pops out of nowhere while piano music plays. It reads:
"Haha! You fell for my decoy!"
As Royal is reading (can he read?) the slide, Dinnsdale scampers off, twirling his mustache, and makes his escape on a passing train.
Three men walk into a bar. The third man ducks.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

alright, TwoBuy has agreed to run a second quest, so if you are interested but didn't respond because i said it was too late, post here so we can get you into SMBC RPG part 2.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Has the first even began?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

AHMETxRock wrote:Has the first even began?
no, but we're full on dudes so we're starting a second for the people that didn't get in, but wanted to. did i not make this clear? Also, MARTAY CHOOSE A CLASS ALREADY!

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Um... does that mean me, twocone? I still need to come up with a name for my char, I suppose.

Also, where are those excel files you mentioned a couple pages back? =b I've never RP-ed before, but I've played loads of RPGs, if that helps. ^_^;; Also KoTOR I. Does that help?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

dinnsdale wrote:Um... does that mean me, twocone? I still need to come up with a name for my char, I suppose.

Also, where are those excel files you mentioned a couple pages back? =b I've never RP-ed before, but I've played loads of RPGs, if that helps. ^_^;; Also KoTOR I. Does that help?
yes. you, Edminstar, and Cirtur plus anybody else that wants in but didn't get a chance to be in the first one (which is still getting off the ground)

the excel files will be posted as soon as marTAY chooses a class. I didn't want to post the char sheets before hand because i thought it might limit what people would choose as a class. If you've played a pen and paper RPG (D&D, RIFTS, Shadowrun, etc.) this should be easy. If you've played video game RPGs you should at least have a concept of what's going on. If you have no idea what an RPG is, obviously there's gonna be a learning curve.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

Heh, video game RPGs here. Played many, watched many others.

Excellent! (pun slightly intended) I eagerly await the sheets, and should have a name ready by then. Maybe Sebastian C. Fenwick the Third?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Seriously? Every post in purple? EVERY post? And the sig too?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

AHMETxRock wrote:Royal sneaks slowly up on DD, using the cover of an annoying color in his text to get the jump on him. He throws an anti-duos ex machina trap at DD, then grabs the monicle and runs.

I think I could enjoy this.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

dinnsdale

Post by dinnsdale »

And your point is what, precisely? >=(

As a black-and-white villain, I find purple invigorating! Am I breaking some unwritten code of forum conduct? I raise my eyebrow at you both!

*pulls out another monocle*

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah there is an unwritten rule about text colors. We use it when it's topical, but otherwise we stick with black. Besides even though you find it invigorating, it's still out of character.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

ruotwocone wrote:wow, dinnsdale and Edminster have pretty cool character ideas (although Edminster, you get demerits for reusing something you've done before... SHAME!). It looks like with Cirtur there are at least 3 people who are interested in playing that didn't get into my game. I'll see if TwoBuy wants to run a second quest - it isn't like he works or anything so it should probably be fine.
I willingly accept the demerits, as Donovan's game died after a session or two, so I was unable to truly get a feel for him. Besides, with the motley crew that we have, I am certain that he will be needed. Seriously, the way he was built it is nearly impossible for him to not heal things. I would have to roll a 21 on a d20 for a failure. At least, according to AD&D 2ed. There's more about him, but I would rather only the GM know. At least, up until the fact in question is painfully obvious. God, but I miss this character.

Also, I am only able to post in the morning and evening (EST). Hopefully this is not an issue. It'll be interesting to see if I can convert Donovan into this system.

As for Dinnsdale's Purple Posting, I think the bylaws of the forum allow it as long as the appropriate fee is paid. I think it's something like $0.10 per word, paid equally amongst the first five people registered in the forum. I could be wrong, though. It might be the first fifteen. Could someone doublecheck that?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Edminster wrote:I willingly accept the demerits, as Donovan's game died after a session or two, so I was unable to truly get a feel for him. Besides, with the motley crew that we have, I am certain that he will be needed. Seriously, the way he was built it is nearly impossible for him to not heal things. I would have to roll a 21 on a d20 for a failure. At least, according to AD&D 2ed. There's more about him, but I would rather only the GM know. At least, up until the fact in question is painfully obvious. God, but I miss this character.

Also, I am only able to post in the morning and evening (EST). Hopefully this is not an issue. It'll be interesting to see if I can convert Donovan into this system.
some of you guys are so adorable... thinking that your characters are going to be really bad ass. I promise, each of you will be just as useless as your comrades. The strength of your characters will depend almost entirely on how you play them. I suspect that only through excellent problem solving, frequent use of creative lateral thinking, and superb teamwork will any of you have a chance of surviving.

also, i don't think we'll require player input more than once-twice a day. I'd like to straddle the line, if possible, between people freaking out about missing turns and people losing interest from boredom.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

ruotwocone wrote:some of you guys are so adorable... thinking that your characters are going to be really bad ass.
Hah! This guy is anything but badass. The only thing he can do well is heal, and even then it assumes that he has a ready supply of corpses to practise upon. Which is actually one of the reasons the game he was in died so fast. There are only so many towns that you can get run out of, after all. That, and the gnome Paladin with his potbelly pig mount. You've never really tried thinking laterally until you have attempted to convince a Paladin that it is perfectly acceptable to use the Necromantic arts to desecrate hallowed ground. Good times.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post Thurs/Fri/Sat... I work 12 hour shifts on those days. I can might be able to do it on my break at work. And I'm glad our hours don't matter. I'm strictly a PM and those hours of AM people think are PM kind of gal.

I don't expect god awful powers, I expect explosives and lock picking. Maybe a bit beyond that, but really.. its the focal point of my character, after that everything's gravy.

Honestly.. the purple confuses and scares me. Its different, we should keep it away from the nice normal text post.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches